Welcome to the Official Blogspot for Leigh Ann DiDomenico, MA aka ANNHGIEL!!

Welcome to the Official Blogspot for Leigh Ann DiDomenico, MA aka ANNHGIEL!!
"The Angel with the Crooked Halo"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leigh Ann is multi-talented creative freelance professional. She specializes in performance poetry, hosting, modeling, acting, and mixed media visual art. Leigh Ann is a COMMERCIAL, BEAUTY, and PETITE FASHION MODEL and ACTRESS and is available for PAID PRINT, TV, and FILM shoots. Will gladly TRAVEL (expenses paid) for work! Leigh Ann is also a nationally ranked SLAM POET, placing 3rd in the nation and 2nd in the west coast region, and is available to FEATURE at theatres, slams, open mics, and on the radio. She is also a published AUTHOR and an ARTIST who creates and sells unique one-of-a-kind furniture and home decor. Leigh Ann's artwork, ANNHGIEL DESIGNS, can be purchased at 4th Ave by the Tracks in Kalispell, MT, as well as custom ordered. Finally, Leigh Ann has her MASTERS DEGREE in Psychology and is an experienced COUNSELOR, TUTOR, and YOUTH MENTOR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please feel free to for booking!! Thank you!!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Poem: If

If I could time travel, I would travel back to the garage
In my old house in
New Jersey
Smoke a cigarette with my mom
Sit on the concrete ledge
Lean back on the metal door plastered with bumper stickers
Part-way
But not all-the-way peeled off
Pass her the lighter
As she pulls her smoke out of that familiar
Blue box

I would travel back to our bathroom
Lean over the sink to the mirror to put on my makeup
While she blowdries her hair
With her diffuser
I'd tell her she's beautiful.
I would travel back to the diner
Get served by our favorite waiter
I'd order a chicken caesar salad and a hot tea
She'd drink her coffee
And we'd both smoke
From the same blue box

If I could time travel
I'd travel back to the first few weeks
After my father
Left in the back of red and blue lights flashing through the
Octagon glass window next to the front door
Everything was so
Quiet
Finally.

If I could time travel
I'd travel back to a baby
Let my mother hold me in her arms
And whisper
"Don't
Feel
Shame
For the mistakes you will make
Your daughter
Will
Grow to find her peace and
You
Will be the source of everything she has the ability to love
She will curse you
Blame you
Twist your worry into twizzlers she eats for dinner
When her food stamps run out…
Do not shake
In her presence when she
Scares you
She cannot hurt you
Because all she knows of love was given by
You"
And I would let her hush her little baby
Cradle her tiny body
Breathe her gummed smile into her heart
And tell her to hold on
To it.

My mother once told me she as only waiting
For her baby to come back to her
I heard her cry
"Forgive me
I am only trying to prevent you from
Becoming me
I have learned what it means to love
Follow this new example
Discard the old one"

If I could time travel
I'd travel back to the moment I accidentally called
My grandmother at 3am
The last time I heard her sleepy shaky voice before she died
I would tell her it was me
That I was sorry to wake her
I would let her know that I loved her
Place handset to receiver

If I could time travel, I'd travel back to the last time I didn't call my mother

I'd call

Pick up a penny on heads
And hand it through the phone to her

I'd tell her to hold on to my good luck for me,
Keep it next to the smile she’s been saving
The next time I'll see her
I'll need them
To make any small attempt

To tell her

That I wait for the
Day we find a new diner
That I am trying to learn to love like her
Stringless
With hope kept in clenched fists
Determined

To tell her

The last time she hugged me I didn’t want to let go
Her arms the only true comfort I‘ve ever known
That I hug my blue box
Inhale the smoke wishing it was her I was breathing

To tell her

That if I could
Travel back to any point in time
I'd travel
Back to her
Keep her close
Take back every unkind word that ever fell from my lips
Like napalm
Like cancer
Tell her
She is my only fondest memory
Tell her she is my most favorite mother
More than Mary
Tell her I'll always be her baby
Tell her
I want my mommy.


Copyright Leigh Ann "Annhgiel" DiDomenico
All Rights Reserved
This poem, or parts thereof, may not be reproduced in any form without permission.
Please contact: lada.04@alumni.lehigh.edu for authorization for credited use.

No comments:

Post a Comment